Rock Solid Toys Forum

Go Back   RockSolidToys Toyota Solid Axle Swap & 4X4 Forum Facebook > Toyota Solid Axle Swaps > Toyota Solid Axle swap questions

Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM

I disconnected mine also for Snow wheeling. IT almost put me over the side of the mountain once on the trail..
Old 06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

As of right now Currie has made up a functioning setup for a rear axle that if I'm not mistaken utilizes FJC abs sensors and will work in the Tacoma and I'm pretty sure there is a solution in the works for the front as well but it's still being worked on.

If that gets released Im pretty sure we'll have daddy Wyatt to thank for that one.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic83 View Post
I looked into it as Im running an 80 front with 80 knuckles. I used slee highsteer tho. THis uses the ABS sensor bung and replaces it with another stud. Hellfire makes new knucles and a bad ass highsteer for the 80, but no ABS. If you wanted to keep ABS, you would basically need to use stock 80 steering arms.
i was over billys house (hellfire fab) the other day and he does have a new batch of abs knuckles
Old 04-16-2016, 09:07 PM

I know this is old but I can now supply a solution to both passive and active ABS on the Tacoma and FJ cruiser while running free wheeling hubs.

The early passive abs can be fixed with a reasonably cheap conversion that does not rely on the stock tone ring mounted on the cv. It is an external set up that only requires the sensor from an ABS 80 series. We have done 20+ of these set ups with no issues.

However the active ABS like on the FJ cruiser and I believe the later Tacoma (we never got the Tacoma here in Aus) requires a custom machined stub axle and a couple of other adapters to mount the original sensors to the 80 series front hubs/knuckles. We have only cracked this in the prototype stage in the past few days so I have no pricing available on this yet. I will get back to you guys as soon as I do.

I believe I could also work a fix on other axles like the D44/60 but would need some parts to sort this out from the US.

Cheers,
Tony
www.budscustoms.com.au
Old 05-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to RST Tony